7th Annual Anti-Piracy & Content Protection Summit
MITIGATING THE EFFECTS OF PIRACY ACROSS INDUSTRIES THROUGH EDUCATION AND COLLABORATION
Over the past several years the battle against piracy has intensified; Pirates have become more sophisticated and innovative in their methods of infringement. As Content Owners continue to strive for new ways to combat piracy, IQPC is dedicated to bringing Content Owners and Solution Providers together in a collaborative effort to contain and lessen the consequences of illegal access and distribution of creative content.
Each year the US economy loses $20.5 billion due to piracy in the movie industry and upwards of $12.5 billion in the music industry. The gaming and software industries are no exception with a whopping 12.6 million IP addresses sharing files over a three month period in 2013 alone and 42 percent illegal software downloads per year worldwide. As a result, the US economy has suffered tremendously as music piracy costs the economy 71,000 jobs and $2 billion in lost wages to American workers. Likewise, motion picture piracy totaled $5.5 billion in lost earnings for Americans and 141,000 in jobs. These figures are a testament to the widespread effects of piracy not just on the entertainment industry but on our economy as a whole.
By addressing the core issues associated with piracy and examining how Copyright Owners can protect their creative content in order to minimize the effects of piracy, you will be better equipped to handle the most trying of challenges to your business.
Join us at the 7th Annual Anti-Piracy & Content Protection Summit in order to learn about topics such as:
- How To Use Innovative and Advanced Technologies To Protect Content Access
- The Real Impact of Regulations on Piracy
- The Impacts of Piracy in the Emerging Field of Virtual Reality Content
- Collaborating with the Right Partners to Maximize Return
- Addressing Piracy in the Software Industry via Virtualization
- The Emerging Concerns of Streaming in the Sporting and Live Entertainment Industries
- The DMCA Safe Harbor Provisions
- Piracy in the Music Industry
- “Lets Play” – Piracy or Promotion?
- The Effects of Piracy on Today’s Economy
- Educating Consumers on the Importance of Respecting Content
Join us on June 27th – 29th, 2016 in Los Angeles, to learn about how you can enhance your efforts in protecting your Intellectual Property as you engage in the global war against piracy.
(American Commitment https://www.americancommitment.org/content/copyright-alert-system-working);